Hey Breastfeeding Mamas! Need Some Advice? I'm Here to Help.
You’re a mom (or soon to be one). You’re breastfeeding, or you’re thinking about it, and you want more information – but all those pregnancy and “first year” books are just too vague to really give you what you need. You’re tired, you’re confused and you just want someone to tell you what you need to do – pronto!
Welcome to Breastfeeding BFF. I will be your personal guide through this exciting, sometimes challenging but always rewarding journey of nursing your child. You’ll get the scoop on successfully navigating this new chapter of your life, which products work best for your needs, and the tips, tricks and encouragement that every mom needs sometimes.
I always knew that I wanted to nurse, long before I became pregnant – it just seemed like the most beautiful, natural thing to do as a mother. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I couldn’t wait for the moment right after she was born when the nurses would hand her to me, and I would feed her for the first time; and when that actually happened, it was one of the most wonderful moments of my life.
But even though breastfeeding is a beautiful, natural process, our modern lives can tend to make it a bit complicated as well. Aside from all the typical “how the heck to I do this” questions, I also knew I would be returning to work in a few months – and my head filled with all-new sets of questions. How was I going to balance my daily workload with pumping? How often should I be pumping at work, and for how long? What did I need to actually do this and continue nursing successfully?
I don’t have many friends with children, and of those who do, none of them were in the same position as me – a first-time mom, nursing and working full-time. I had friends who were nursing but were stay-at-home moms, or friends who worked but bottle-fed – no one I could turn to and ask my questions, especially the ones that seemed really silly at the time and I felt a little embarrassed about.
I looked through so many books and Web sites, but just couldn’t find the answers I was looking for. Everything seemed so unclear. I admit that I sometimes have trouble trusting my “motherly instincts” – but it’s hard to trust your instincts on anything you’ve never done before, and with hormones and guilt all mixed in there, I was starting to become a basket case!
Now, I’m not knocking the experts – I use and love many child-rearing and development books as a wonderful resource. But there needed to be a place where new breastfeeding moms could go to find the questions that were begging to be asked, the ones that lay in between the lines of the medical resources. So, I decided I would be that place. When it comes to real-world experience and advice, I am your go-to source.
Let's get started!
- Breastfeeding BFF Blog
- The Breastfeeding BFF Blog brings you news, notes and additional thoughts for nursing mothers. Subscribe here.
- Breastfeeding Mama Blog
- Insights, tips and tricks from one breastfeeding mama to another, to help you nurse more confidently!
- How to Breastfeed Tips for Real Mom
- When you’re learning how to breastfeed, the books make it sound so simple – but what about those topics they just don’t discuss? Read on for answers to your not-so-traditional nursing questions.
- Tips for Working Mothers
- Working 9 to 5 (or later!) can throw a wrench in your breastfeeding schedule – that is, without the right preparation. Read on for useful ideas and suggestions for busy working mothers.
- Top 10 Benefits of Breastfeeding
- The benefits of breastfeeding are enormous – both for you and your baby! Here are the top 10 best reasons to breastfeed.
- Making breastfeeding in public possible
- Breastfeeding in public can be an intimidating task – but not if you know the right way to do it! Here are some ways to make it easier.
- Moms Share Their Breastfeeding Stories
- Learn tales from the trenches in these breastfeeding stories from fellow moms. From “I never knew that” to “I can’t believe that happened!”, take comfort and learn from other moms who have been...
- Coping with Breastfeeding Problems
- Like anything worth doing, breastfeeding can have its difficulties – but breastfeeding problems don’t always have to be a major issue. Here are some of the common speed bumps you might come across.
- Breastfeeding Nutrition -Figuring Out What to Eat while Breastfeeding
- Proper breastfeeding nutrition can make a big difference in your breastfeeding success. A well-nourished mom makes rich, satisfying breast milk and can help keep baby fussiness at bay...
- Medications and Breastfeeding -The Scoop
- Do medications and breastfeeding mix? It depends. Check out our list of meds deemed safe for nursing, as well as details on some over-the-counter herbal remedies just for breastfeeding moms.
- Tips for Extended Breastfeeding
- Many mothers opt for extended breastfeeding for the continued health benefits for both mother and child, the close bond nursing has formed and a host of other benefits.
- Choosing the best breastfeeding supplies
- Which breastfeeding supplies are best for nursing, and which ones aren’t worth your money? Here’s the scoop on the best breast pump, accessories and more.
- Breastfeeding and Alcohol: Understanding The Do's And Don'ts
- Many mothers ask about breastfeeding and alcohol. Many women who breastfeed wonder if it's safe for their baby if they have an alcoholic drink. The answer to this question depends on the amount...
- Postpartum Exercise Tips for the Nursing Mother
- Many forms of postpartum exercise are wonderful – but are there any special steps to be taken when you’re breastfeeding? Read on for tips customized for the nursing mother.
- Weaning from breastfeeding
- Weaning from breastfeeding can be a physically and emotionally challenging step in your breastfeeding journey. Here are some suggestions on how to wean while maintaining a close bond with your baby.
- Breastfeeding Site Map
- Breastfeeding Site Map - All of our breastfeeding pages at a glance. Join her for helpful tips, tricks and recommendations for the real world.
- Contact Us
- Contact us at Breastfeeding-bff.com
- Breastfeeding Legal Help. How to Protect Yourself and Your Family
- Breastfeeding Legal Help? It seems like everywhere you look right now, you are hearing about breastfeeding moms being asked to cover up in or even leave public spaces. But is...